Pages

Thursday 19 January 2017

REVELATION



I was taking a nap when I heard the knock. I jumped to my feet. It was Hazel, my house keeper.

"The Presido's P.A is here."I looked at him puzzled.
What would my boss' P.A be looking for in my house at this time time of the day.
I dressed up and walked down the hallway that led to the entrance. He smiled as I approached him. Without saying a word, he handed a letter to me. I didn't have to ask him who sent him. Presido's seal was on the letter.
When I returned to my room to read the content of the letter, I was astounded. Presido had appointed me as an administrator over the Governors of the Province.
I sat on the edge of the bed, my hands on my chin. 'Lord, am I ready for this?'
Somewhere in the depth of my heart, I heard the voice I have become familiar with.
'For this purpose have I prepared you.'
I sighed. The responsibility before me was enormous. I was going to be responsible for the affairs of the Governors and they would be answerable to me.
I am going to do my best, I said, determined.
I did a survey of all the Governors in my territory, studied books on administration, spotted areas that needed improvements and continually sought wisdom from God.
Everything was going smoothly until I noticed the scowl on the faces of the other two administrators every time I came out of Presido's chambers. I noticed the agitation, I could feel the hatred whenever I sat with Presido to discuss issues of national interest. I couldn't explain how every time I conversed with my boss, the head of the Province, my mouth spilled solutions that always worked. Presido practically relied on my expertise.
One sunny day, I had just finished my afternoon prayers when the shocking news reached me.
Presido has banned prayers for thirty days. Whoever was caught praying would be thrown into the lion's den.
For some minutes, I couldn't get my mind off Presido's orders. I saw death laugh me to scorn. I loved my job. I loved Presido, but I couldn't imagine anything coming between my communion with my Creator.
How do I stop talking and communing with Him? The material possession I had acquired by reason of my position did not bother me. It was the fact that I would be deprived of speaking to the one whose love consumed my being.
As I returned home that evening, I made up my mind.
Nothing will stop me.
One evening, as I knelt down to pray, certain men stormed into my house and grabbed me. I was led to the den. My heart thumped as we entered the lion's territory.
First gate. Second gate. I could hear the roars of the lion. I mumbled prayers as we walked towards the well secured den. Then I saw them. Hungry looking creatures ready to tear me apart. I sighed deeply as the keepers threw me into the den.
I closed my eyes and waited. Nothing. I opened them to find that I was surrounded by creatures who sat like they were waiting to hear an interesting moonlight story. After a long while, I slept off.
'Daniel!'That was my boss, the head of the Persian Province.
'Sir!' Presido's convoy led me to home that evening and as I returned to my praying spot, I couldn't utter a word. My silence spoke a thousand words.
'I love you Lord.' I muttered, finally.

****
What shall separate us from the love of Christ?
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life nor angels nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth nor any other creature shall separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38,39)

No comments:

Post a Comment